Homeowners/Renters Insurance in Norfolk, VA


Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.

Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.

Renters Insurance

Renters insurance covers your possessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing. However, renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.

Flood & Earthquake

When disaster strikes, a flood or earthquake insurance policyholder claims are paid even if a disaster is not Federally declared. Flood or earthquake insurance means you'll be reimbursed for all your covered losses. And unlike Federal aid, it never has to be repaid.
Car on Flood — Affiliated Agencies of Virginia Inc. in Norfolk, VA
Earthquake Damage Car — Affiliated Agencies of Virginia Inc. in Norfolk, VA
Contact Affiliated Insurance Agencies for more information or to request a quote.